We watched the onions chop in the grater! This was a great learning experience for us because we found out we couldn’t cut the onions because they would burn our eyes and make them watery!
Once the onions were chopped we all jumped in to mix the beef and onions together! We were able to feel the cold mushy beef. It felt very different on our little fingers! ;-D
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 to 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 sandwich or hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, onion, and green bell pepper 7 to 9 minutes; drain off excess liquid.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve sandwich-style spooned into buns.
Learning Goals achieved:
- Compare two containers according to capacity (holds more,holds less, or holds the same.)
- Compare two objects according to weight/mass(heavier than, lighter than or equal to)
- Compare situations or objects according to relative temperature (hotter/colder than, or the same as).
- Measurement. The students uses time to describe, compare, and order events and situations.
- Underlying processes and mathematical tools.The student applies Kindergarten mathematics to solve problems connected to everyday experiences and activities in and outside of school. (Identifying mathematics in everyday situations.)